Go further faster than you ever thought possible!
Finance Graduate Scheme
About the Finance Scheme
Looking for a graduate role where you can get a taste of lots of different areas of an award-winning Finance team? And have an opportunity to make a genuine impact from the start? And have the opportunity to study towards a professional qualification? The Halfords Finance Graduate scheme could be just what you're looking for!
In the first two years you'll complete four 6-month placements across Finance, giving you superb experience in areas as varied as commercial finance, financial reporting, tax, treasury, investor relations and financial processes. It’ll give you a real taster into where you might like to specialise in the future as well as giving you opportunities to apply your accountancy studies to real scenarios.
In the third year you'll be placed into a permanent role and should also qualify as an accountant. But it doesn't stop there! We’ll continue to support you and your development every step of the way, providing opportunities to learn and encouraging you to bring your ideas to the forefront.
Why choose our Graduate Scheme?
- A Dynamic Industry! - The breadth of roles on the scheme means there’s lots of scope to find your niche – giving you and your career much more opportunity and flexibility.
- We’ve definitely got variety - A career in retail is exciting, fast paced and unpredictable…. It certainly keeps you on your toes! So if variety is what you’re looking for look no further…you’ll see first-hand how quickly the retail market changes to adapt to the needs of our customers and you’ll be key in supporting these changes to ensure we stay competitive.
- Fast Track Career Progression – Our established two year Finance scheme will provide you with the specialist skills and support you’ll need to drive your career forward. You’ll gain real ‘hands on’ experience, build your profile within the company and gain a strong understanding of how our business operates.
- We’re proud to work at Halfords – and we want you to be too! - For the fourth year running we’re a Sunday Times ‘Top 30 Best Big Company to work for’, and what’s more it’s our employees that put us there, showing that here at Halfords we truly value employee engagement. We believe if our colleagues feel valued, engaged and part of a fun and successful workplace, they in turn will look after our customers.
- To top this off – We’ll give you a starting salary of £24,000 plus; performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme, 25 days' holiday per year (plus 8 statutory holidays), 25% colleague discount, the option to join our Share Save and Cycle 2 Work schemes as well as access to a range of shopping discounts at high street retailers.
What we look for in you...
It’s a competitive arena! If you’ve decided Halfords is for you – here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree – We’re flexible on the discipline.
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm – Personality is an essential requirement to be part of our team.
- Determination – The resilience to overcome challenges and succeed in everything you do.
- A genuine passion – For customer service and a career in Retail – and we need to see this!
- A ‘hands on’ approach – To delivering results and inspiring others to do the same.
- Communication skills – It’s a big part of the job. It’s about making the right impact
- Commercial acumen – Your ‘business brain’ – Understanding what makes us so successful.
- Team working mentality – Working collaboratively. Supporting others. Team ethos, It’s vital!
Ready for the challenge?
If you’ve got what it takes and you’re ready to step up to the challenge take the first step in our selection process.
What to expect from our selection process…
- Step 1 – Complete our online application form
- Step 2 – Take part in a Telephone Interview
- Step 3 – Attend one of our Selection Centres (at our Support Centre in Redditch)
- Step 4 – Accept our offer if you're successful!
During our 3 step selection process we’ll find out more about your skills, attributes, experience and your personality! We’ll want you to show us you’re Halfords!
Find out about our selection process and apply.