Go further faster than you ever thought possible!
Retail Management Graduate Scheme
Our Retail scheme is closed in 2020. Please check back later.
There’s a lot more to a career in Retail than what you might think! It’s one of the most diverse, fast paced and exciting sectors to work in. But, just in case you need some persuasion as to why to choose our Retail Graduate Scheme here’s a couple of things to help you make your mind up!
Why chose our Retail Management Graduate Scheme?
- Fast Track Career Progression – Our tailored two year management scheme will give you the specialist skills and support you need to drive your career forward. You’ll learn all aspects of our retail operation to prepare you for when you take your first leadership role as an Assistant Manager in one of our stores.
- We’ll give you opportunity and flexibility - As you progress your retail management journey, aspiring to be an Area Manager of the future, you may decide to change direction. The diversity of roles available at Halfords gives you the opportunity to apply your skills to other areas of the business – giving you and your career more flexibility.
- We’ve definitely got variety – One thing’s for sure, at Halfords no two days are the same! You’ll see first-hand how quickly the retail market changes to adapt to the needs of our customers. And you’ll be key in supporting these changes when you’re in store leading and engaging a team to deliver results.
- We’re proud to work at Halfords – and we want you to be too! - At Halfords we truly value colleague engagement. We believe if our colleagues feel valued, engaged and part of a fun and successful workplace, they in turn will look after our customers.
- To top this off – We’ll give you a starting salary of £24,000 plus; performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme, 31 days' holiday, 25% colleague discount, the option to join our Share Save and Cycle 2 Work schemes as well as access to a range of shopping discounts at high street retailers.
What we look for in you?
As you can see we’ve got a lot to offer! If you’ve decided Halfords is for you, here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree – we’re flexible on the discipline.
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm – personality is an essential requirement to be part of our team.
- Determination – the resilience to overcome challenges and succeed in everything you do.
- A genuine passion for customer service and a career in retail – and we need to see this!
- A hands-on approach – to delivering results and inspiring others to do the same.
- Communication skills – it’s a big part of the job. It’s about making the right impact.
- Commercial acumen – your ‘business brain’. Understanding what makes us so successful.
- Team working mentality – Working collaboratively. Supporting others. Team ethos. It’s vital!
Ready for the challenge?
If you’ve got what it takes and you’re ready to step up to the challenge take the first step in our selection process.
What to expect from our selection process…
- Step 1 – Complete our online application form
- Step 2 – Take part in a Telephone Interview
- Step 3 – Attend one of our Selection Centres (at our Support Centre in Redditch)
- Step 4 – Accept our offer if you're successful!
During our 3 step selection process we’ll find out more about your skills, attributes, experience and your personality! We’ll want you to show us you’re Halfords!
Find out about our selection process and apply.