Go further faster than you ever thought possible!
Commercial Graduate Scheme 2017
Buying, Marketing & Digital
Fancy a career in Digital, Buying or Marketing? How about working for one of the most recognisable brands in the retail industry?
Here at Halfords, our Commercial Graduate Scheme will give you the chance to do both! You’ll get the unique opportunity to work across all three business areas before finding where you’d like to hone your specialism!
But, if that’s not enough….Here’s what else we’ve got to offer:
Why choose our Commercial Graduate Scheme?
- A Dynamic Industry! - Digital, Buying and Marketing are fast becoming the most desirable career destinations for today’s Graduates. Why? The breadth of roles within each means there’s lots of scope to find your niche – giving you and your career much more opportunity and flexibility.
- We’ve definitely got variety - A career in retail is exciting, fast paced and unpredictable…. It certainly keeps you on your toes! So if variety is what you’re looking for look no further…you’ll see first-hand how quickly the retail market changes to adapt to the needs of our customers and you’ll be key in supporting these changes to ensure we stay competitive.
- Fast Track Career Progression – Our established two year commercial scheme will provide you with the specialist skills and support you’ll need to drive your career forward. You’ll gain real ‘hands on’ experience, build your profile within the company and gain a strong understanding of how our business operates.
- We’re proud to work at Halfords – and we want you to be too! - For the 3rd year running we’re a Sunday Times ‘Top 25 Best Big Company to work for’, and what’s more it’s our employees that put us there, showing that here at Halfords we truly value employee engagement. We believe if our colleagues feel valued, engaged and part of a fun and successful workplace, they in turn will look after our customers.
- To top this off – We’ll give you a starting salary of £24,000 plus; performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme, 25 days' holiday per year (plus 8 statutory holidays), 25% colleague discount, the option to join our Share Save and Cycle 2 Work schemes as well as access to a range of shopping discounts at high street retailers.
What we look for in you...
It’s a competitive arena! If you’ve decided Halfords is for you – here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree – We’re flexible on the discipline.
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm – Personality is an essential requirement to be part of our team.
- Determination – The resilience to overcome challenges and succeed in everything you do.
- A genuine passion – For customer service and a career in Retail – and we need to see this!
- A ‘hands on’ approach – To delivering results and inspiring others to do the same.
- Communication skills – It’s a big part of the job. It’s about making the right impact
- Commercial acumen – Your ‘business brain’ – Understanding what makes us so successful.
- Team working mentality – Working collaboratively. Supporting others. Team ethos, It’s vital!
Ready for the challenge?
If you’ve got what it takes and you’re ready to step up to the challenge take the first step in our selection process.
What to expect from our selection process…
- Step 1 – Complete our online application form
- Step 2 – Take part in a Telephone Interview
- Step 3 – Attend one of our Selection Centres (at our Support Centre in Redditch)
- Step 4 – The final hurdle – An interview with our Commercial Director!
During our 4 step selection process we’ll find out more about your skills, attributes, experience and your personality! We’ll want you to show us you’re Halfords!
Find out about our selection process and apply.